Starting a new academic year is always a shock to the system after six weeks of relaxation and minimal deadlines. Every year I tell myself I’ll have more of a work/life balance and will manage to come up with a clever way to minimise marking and meetings yet maximise impact in the classroom. Hopefully this year I’ll get it right. Here are my new year pledges to myself:
- Increase use of flipped learning.
- Learning isn’t always evidenced by masses of writing – use a variety of ways to assess understanding but keep it meaningful.
- Go paperless – scan in documents, type up notes and take pictures to document things.
- Don’t have meetings for things that can be done via email (if possible)
- Work on intrinsic learning with the classroom and across the school.
Here are some fantastic blog posts I’ve read recently. Definitely worth a share!